Booking Terms & Conditions
These standards conditions apply to the four static World Centres and in general to Kusafiri World Centre events, although arrangements may sometimes be varied for the latter centre.
1) Booking Confirmation
No agreement shall exist between the guest, whose expression shall include all persons on whose behalf the guest books, and the World Centre until:
2) Payment terms
There are two categories of World Centre guest: Programme/Event Guests and Independent Guests. These have different payment terms. Guest category is clearly marked on all booking agreements. The person who signed the booking agreement shall be liable for full payment for all persons to whom the booking agreement applied and for any other persons the World Centre was subsequently requested to book by the guest.
A booking reference number will be issued to the guest when booking and must be quoted when making all payments.
All deposits are non-refundable.
a) Programme Guests
- A deposit of ten per cent (10%) of total cost is required within one month of reservation to secure your booking. Bookings are not confirmed until this deposit has been received.
- A further 40 per cent (40%) of total cost must be paid six months prior to the event start date,
- If booking less than six months prior to the event start date, a deposit of 50 per cent (50%) of the total cost is required within 14 days of reservation to secure your booking. The booking is not confirmed until this deposit has been received.
- Full payment is due one month prior to the event start date. If the event commences within one month of booking, full payment is due at time of booking.
- Travel leaders who are in charge of bookings between the World Centre and their group are responsible for ensuring payment information is passed to their group in a clear way and is complied with. The group leader named on the booking contract is responsible for communicating all relevant information to the members of their group, including payment amounts and deadlines. This leader is responsible for ensuring all payment conditions are met.
b) Independent Guests
- A deposit equal to the value of the first night’s accommodation is required within one month of reservation to secure the booking. Bookings are not confirmed until this deposit has been received.
- If booking less than one month prior to the arrival date, a deposit equal to the value of the first night’s accommodation is required immediately to secure booking.
- Full payment is required at check-in.
The World Centre reserves the right to charge an administration fee for any amendments being made to the respective booking agreement, if requested by the guest. A change of name only does not constitute an amendment.
Cancellation shall take effect only when written notification from the person signing the booking agreement is received by the World Centre. In all cases of cancellation, booking terms and conditions apply.
All deposits are non-refundable; no deposits will be returned for bookings that are cancelled in full or in part.
5) Alterations by the World Centre
In the unlikely event of the World Centre making a major alteration to or cancelling a booking, the World Centre shall offer to transfer any payments to an alternative event or to an independent stay where possible. If this is not possible, the World Centre shall offer to relocate the guest to local accommodation of a comparable standard. If this is not possible, the World Centre shall refund any payments made to date.
The World Centre will not refund travel costs or any other external costs associated with the cancelled booking. The World Centres advise that all guests arrange their own travel insurance at the time of booking.
World Centres reserve the right to amend the cost of a confirmed booking in the event of cost increases outside of the Centre’s control, for example increases in applicable local taxes.
Guests will be given the option to pay the additional costs or to cancel their booking and receive a full refund of all payments made to date. The World Centre will not refund travel costs of other external costs associated with the cancelled booking
6) Damage/guest behaviour
The World Centre will be entitled to recover from the guest the cost (estimated if not precisely known) of any damage caused by the guest or their group. The guest undertakes to deport her/himself in an orderly fashion in line with the ethos and values of Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others or to prejudice the World Centre’s reputation with the local community, local businesses or other guests. The booking agreement of any guest in breach of this clause shall be terminated immediately and the World Centre shall have no further contractual obligations towards her/him.
7) Guest belongings
Guest belongings, including vehicles, brought onto World Centre premises are at all times at the guest’s own risk.
8) Limitation of Liability
It is the responsibility of the Member Organization or individuals to ensure that they have adequate and appropriate insurance to cover: personal property, travel disruption, injury, medical expenses, general liability and life cover for the period of travel to, travel from, and during the stay at the WAGGGS World Centre. As an organization WAGGGS holds public/general liability insurance coverage that is reviewed regularly.
9) Age Restrictions
Guests under the age of 18 years need to be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 and over), and must have permission from their legal guardian.
The World Centre will not make any refunds on unused accommodation and catering, or for programme activities booked by the guest but not participated in.
All deposits are non-refundable.
In the event of a complaint by the guest against the World Centre, WAGGGS requests the matter is discussed with the World Centre Manager. However, should the guest believe that the matter was not dealt with adequately by the management of the World Centre; the guest has the right to contact The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts at the World Bureau in London and has 28 days to lodge a complaint in accordance with the World Centre Customer Relations Procedure.
These terms and conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by the laws of the United Kingdom and the World Centre’s host country.