London has one of the largest public transport networks in the world, with integrated underground, train and bus systems spanning the city.
London has six major airports. Transfer costs and time vary greatly between each
These are only a few suggestions of how to get to Pax Lodge and are the ones most frequently used by our guests. You may find another easier or less expensive method for you and your group.
- From the arrivals level follow the signs to the train platforms at the South Terminal. Take the Gatwick Express train to Victoria Station. This takes 30 minutes and trains depart every 15 minutes. From Victoria station, take the Victoria Line of the underground (northbound) to Euston station. At Euston, follow the signs to the Northern Line, northbound platform and take an Edgware branch train to Belsize Park. Approximately 40 minutes.
- Alternatively from Gatwick you can take the Thameslink train to King’s Cross Thameslink Station. The journey takes 45 minutes and trains depart every 15 – 20 minutes. From the Thameslink train station follow the signs to the underground (5 minute walk through subway). Once at King’s Cross Underground Station go to the Northern Line northbound platform and take an Edgware branch train to Belsize Park. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Take the Airport Bus to Victoria Coach Station. Then the underground from Victoria Station or bus no 24.
- From the arrivals level, follow the signs to the Underground. There is one Underground station for Terminals 1,2,3 and another station for Terminal 4. Take the Piccadilly line (eastbound) to King’s Cross. At King’s Cross, follow the signs for the Northern Line and go to the northbound platform. Take an Edgware branch train to Belsize Park. This takes approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours.
- Alternatively, you can take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington Station. This takes 15 minutes and trains depart every 15 minutes (Heathrow Connect trains take 30 minutes and depart every 30 minutes, but are much cheaper than the express). From Paddington Station you can either take a taxi or the underground. From Paddington Underground station, take a circle line train eastbound to King’s Cross. Change to the Northern Line northbound platform and take an Edgware branch train to Belsize Park. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- Take the National Express Coach from the central bus station (terminals 1,2,3) or Terminal 4 to Victoria. This takes approximately 1 ½ hours and coaches depart at least every 30 minutes. Continue by underground or bus no 24.
- Take the Stansted Skytrain to Liverpool Street station, then continue by underground, change at Moorgate or King’s Cross to the Northern Line. Take a northbound train towards Edgware. Alight at Belsize Park.
- Take the National Express A6 Coach service to Finchley Road (approximately 1 hour) and then continue either by bus no 268 or C11 (approx. 15 minutes).
- Take the Thameslink train to King’s Cross then continue by underground.
- Take the Green Line 757 coach from the airport to Finchley Road (approximately 1 hour) and then continue to Pax Lodge by bus no 268 or C11.
London’s Underground train network is sometimes referred to as the ‘tube’. The nearest underground station to Pax Lodge is Belsize Park. It is on the Northern Line (black) and located in zone 2.
From central London, make sure that you are on a train with the destination to Edgware. The other northbound trains on the Northern Line (Mill Hill or High Barnet), divide at Camden Town, and do not pass through Belsize Park. *Please note that there is one set of stairs (approx. 19 steps) at Belsize Park Underground Station, followed by an elevator to street level.
From Belsize Park, leave the underground station and turn right. Walk along Haverstock Hill past a number of shops and restaurants, BP Petrol Station and the George Pub. (It is approximately a 10 – 15 minute walk depending on how much luggage you have!) You will come to a set of traffic lights with a church on either side of the road. Turn left onto Lyndhurst Road and Olave Centre is the large white building next to the red church. The doors between the white pillars or columns will lead you to the World Bureau. Instead, come to the glass doors at the far end, by the colourful banner to be welcomed to Pax Lodge!
There are many apps available to help you navigate around London. If you download them before you arrive you will be ready with maps and transport options at your fingertips.
London has an extensive and reliable bus network. To get to Pax Lodge you will need to get any bus with the following number on it: 24, 46, C11, 168, 268 and get off at either Hampstead Heath or Rosslyn Hill. From the 168 (Hampstead Heath) and C11 (Archway) bus stop (next stop after you pass Belsize Park tube station) continue walking to the traffic lights and turn left onto Lyndhurst Road.
Pax Lodge is the large white building, next to the ‘church’ on your left. (If you miss this bus stop the next is part way down the hill on Pond Street so just turn around and walk back up the hill to the traffic lights.)
From the 24 (Hampstead Heath) bus stop (final stop, all change) walk to the corner and turn left walking up Pond Street past the hospital to the traffic lights. Cross the street and straight ahead is Lyndhurst Road and Pax Lodge.
Taxis and Mini Cabs
You can take black cabs, which are metered taxis in London.
The cabs can seat up to five passengers and can be found at most of the train stations or hailed from the street if their taxi light is lit. (Please note that taking a black cab from Heathrow Airport is around £50.00 and even more from Gatwick. It may be more economical to take one of the trains into London from the airports and then a taxi from the train station.)
Drivers may not know Pax Lodge but should know Olave Centre.
You can pre-book a private cab company who use ordinary cars (ask for an estate car if you have a lot of luggage). They will advise travel times and quote prices for journeys when you contact them.