Tour to Agra and the Temples of Khajuraho
As an add-on to the ‘Count Down to 60 Event’ we are offering you an amazing opportunity to explore
the ancient temples of Khajuraho during the Navaratri festival.
We will also make a visit to the Taj Mahal in Agra as part of this tour. This tour will be led by Jen Barron and Christa Ochocki – former Sangam staff members and seasoned travellers of India.
Navaratri is the major festival held in honour of the divine feminine.
The Khajuraho temple complex is a series of beautifully built and decorated buildings in Madhya Pradesh that depict the many different manifestations of Shakti and Shiva, the female and male divine principles. The temples were built to celebrate all aspects of human life & display numerous erotic carvings, both inside and outside the temple, that depict men & women engaging in sacred lovemaking under the smiles of divinities. The temples are a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and this is your unique opportunity to visit them.
We will depart Sangam after lunch on the 17th of October and head to Pune airport.
We will fly to Delhi where we will stay overnight before catching a train to Agra where we will have a day tour including a sunset view of the Taj Mahal. The next morning we will have a sunrise tour of the Taj Mahal and then take a train to Khajuraho.
Upon arrival in Khajuraho we will make our way to our Hotel. The following day we will be exploring the temples including an amazing historical sound and light show. We will spend another night in Khajuraho and then depart the following day for Delhi. Everyone needs to make their own arrangements from there.
• Personalised Meet and Greet at Airports and Hotels
• 4 Nights Accommodation inclusive of daily Breakfasts
• Approved Licenced Local English Speaking Guides for all Tours
• Transfers, Tours, Excursion by Chauffeur driven A/C Vehicles
• All Entrance Fees/Tickets/Permits at monuments as per our itinerary
• Airconditioned Chair Car train ticket for sector Agra/Khajuraho
• Domestic Air Ticket for Sector Pune/Delhi
• Domestic Air Ticket for Sector Khajuraho/Delhi
Must be confirmed and fully paid by the 16th of June 2023 to secure the tour at the price mentioned