Who is this event for?
- We welcome individuals, families, and groups of all genders.
- All are welcome at on this programme event – members of Guiding/Scouting and non-members.
- This event is aimed at those who have some experience of full-day hiking in hills or mountains and a good level of fitness.
What activities are involved?
Join us to experience the best of hiking in the Bernese Oberland – from a UNESCO World Heritage lake to an overnight hike with a stop in a traditional Swiss mountain hut at over 3,000m altitude to a klettersteig route alongside Switzerland’s second highest waterfall!
September is one of the best months to explore Switzerland, with slightly cooler weather, but still many clear, beautiful days.
For this event we have two types of scholarships available:
- For girls and young women who are active members of Guiding/Scouting and can demonstrate benefit in attending this event, we have event scholarships available which can be used to cover all or part of the event fee and all or part of your travel costs. Applicants must be physically fit enough to participate in all programme activities. Applicants under 18 are welcome, but must attend the event with at least one adult age 18+. To apply fill in this form.
- For women aged 60+ with at least 20 years participation in Guiding/Scouting, we have Cheryl Watkins scholarships available. These scholarships cover the accommodation portion of the event fee only (in this event CHF 180). To apply fill in this form.