Who is this event for?
- We welcome individuals, families, and groups of all genders, aged 12+. Younger children with mountain walking experience may be able to join with discussion prior to booking.
- All welcome on this event – members of Guiding/Scouting and non-members.
- This event is aimed at those who have a good level of physical fitness and are interested in full-day walks in the mountains, but does not require previous mountain walking experience.
What activities are involved?
Join us for guided walks along some of our favourite routes and experience the breath-taking nature of the Swiss Alps! The programme includes five varied hikes from riverside trails to mountain peaks, plus five evening programmes.
September is one of the best months to explore Switzerland, with slightly cooler weather – but still many clear, beautiful days.
Hiking Week runs across the same dates and offers more challenging mountain hikes for those with previous experience. Groups and families are welcome to book across the two events, e.g. some of the group do Walking Week and some do Hiking Week. Meals and evening programmes are shared. Note: at least one adult aged 18+ must be on the same event as any children/youth aged under 16.
For this event we have two types of scholarships available:
- For girls and young women who are active members of Guiding/Scouting and can demonstrate benefit in attending this event, we have event scholarships available which can be used to cover all or part of the event fee and all or part of your travel costs. Applicants must be physically fit enough to participate in all programme activities. Applicants under 18 are welcome, but must attend the event with at least one adult age 18+. To apply fill in this form.
- For women aged 60+ with at least 20 years participation in Guiding/Scouting, we have Cheryl Watkins scholarships available. These scholarships cover the accommodation portion of the event fee only (in this event CHF 180). To apply fill in this form.