Pax Lodge Volunteer
Pax Lodge offers exciting Volunteer opportunities for each season; winter, spring, summer and autumn.
- Over 18 years of age
- Member of World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or World Organisation of Scout Movement (WOSM)
- Fluent in English communication skills (English is the working language of Pax Lodge)
- All applications must be endorsed by your Member Organisation’s International Commissioner.
- Genuinely enjoys meeting and getting to know new people
- Enjoys international experiences
- Practical, open minded, hard-working and able to use common sense
- Capable of leading groups on outdoor activities and evening programmes
- Capable of taking responsibility in delivering jobs and tasks assigned to the highest standard
- Patient, good team player and capable of working in an international team
Daily tasks that keep Pax Lodge running and functioning as in any hospitality setting, that allow us to welcome guests for a comfortable stay.
- Serve breakfast for guests.
- Tidy common areas as needed throughout the day.
- Conference room set up.
- Serve as host for conference groups.
- Lead pining and flag ceremonies.
- Assisting with administration such as checking in guests, entering data and similar.
- Help with programme delivery as needed.
Usually Pax Lodge Volunteers are with us for 3 to 5 months.
Please note, all volunteer offers and placements are subject to the applicant obtaining and retaining the required permission (visa or permit) to enter and work in the UK.
- Free board and lodging in staff accommodation
- Learning about different cultures, customs and countries
- Leadership and professional development
- Learning new life skills such as work ethics, running short activities for guests, cooking, and cleaning
- Experiencing living for several months in a truly international environment infused with the spirit of Guiding and Scouting
- Learning new Guide and Scout games and current WAGGGS topics to share at home
- Learning about self, about others, about the environment and needs of the society
- Support from staff team in planning and delivering personal projects
- Access to laundry and other facilities
- Wireless Internet access
- Nine days off per month
- 2 days free accommodation before and after your volunteering dates
- Living the dream in the London!
When you submit your application you will receive an automated e-mail confirming receipt of the application.
Our staff team aims to reply to all volunteer applications. However, due to the high volume of applications received we prioritise contacting applicants who have applied to volunteer over a time when we have a need.
Our team will be in touch with applicants about next steps after the application deadline, for the season applied for, has closed.
Pax Lodge will provide you with all meals, accommodation, use of self-service laundry facilities and wireless internet access for the duration of your stay.
If you are worried about money, you should look into financial assistance options. You will need to cover your travel costs, souvenirs & things you want to do in your free time. Pax Lodge has a travel bursary fund that you can apply to for travel assistance upon your arrival in London. You may also be able to apply for assistance from your national Guide/Scout Organisation or local community organisations.
Please send an email to email@example.com
Click the link below to join the volunteer pool. Once you are on that platform you will recieve notifications of all of the open World Centre volunteer positions with information on how to apply for each role.
Are you curious what volunteers in each season are doing at Pax Lodge? How does a day to day life look like? Read their stories in the Pax Lodge blog.